Jie Sun (孙洁) is a professor at the Tianjin University, China. She earned her BS (2006) and PhD (2013) from the Beijing University of Chemical Technology and then worked as a postdoctoral at the Stanford University. Since July 2017, she has been a professor in chemical engineering in Tianjin University. Her current research interests focus on the development of multifunctional nanomaterials for energy conversion and storage, including Li-ion, Na-ion, K-ion batteries, lithium–sulfur batteries, as well as electrocatalysis.
2007.9-2012.12, Ph.D. program in Chemical Engineering and Technology, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing, China
2002.9-2006.6, B.S. in Applied Chemistry, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing, China
2017.7-present, Professor, School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin Univerity, China
2013.7-2017.5, Postdoc program in Yi Cui’s group, Stanford Univerity, CA, USA
(1) Li-ion, Na-ion, K-ion batteries
(2) Lithium–sulfur batteries
1. Yaru Zhang, Lina Zhao*, Aibing Chen*, Jie Sun*, Cr3+ pre-intercalated hydrated vanadium oxide as an excellent performance cathode for aqueous zinc-ion batteries, Fundamental Research, 2021, 26 June, doi.org/10.1016/j.fmre.2021.06.003.
2. Haipeng Wang, Cheng Liu, Huili Wang, Xinpeng Han, Shaojie Zhang, Jiantong Sun, Yiming Zhang, Yu Cao, Yuan Yao, Jie Sun*, The synthesis of greenish phosphorus on carbon substrates, Chemical Communication, 2021, 57, 3975-3978. doi.org/10.1039/D1CC01419F. (Cover Story)
3. Cheng Liu, Muyao Han, Yu Cao, Long Chen, Wencai Ren, Guangmin Zhou, Aibing Chen*, Jie Sun*, Unlocking the dissolution mechanism of phosphorus anode for lithium-ion batteries, Energy Storage Mater. 2021, 37, 417-423.
4. Yu Cao, Hong Wu, Gang Li, Cheng Liu, Li Cao, Yiming Zhang, Wei Bao, Huili Wang, Yuan Yao, Shuo Liu, Fusheng Pan*, Zhongyi Jiang*, Jie Sun*, Ion selective covalent organic framework enabling enhanced electrochemical performance of lithium-sulfur batteries, Nano Lett. 2021, 21, 7, 2997-3006. (Cover Story)
5. Shaojie Zhang, Cheng Liu, Huili Wang, Haipeng Wang, Jiantong Sun, Yiming Zhang, Xinpeng Han, Yu Cao, Shuo Liu, Jie Sun*, A covalent P–C bond stabilizes red phosphorus in an engineered carbon host for high-performance lithium-ion battery anodes, ACS Nano 2021, 15, 3365-3375.
6. Xinpeng Han, Xiaojun Wang, Muyao Han, Jie Sun*, A full battery system of prelithiated phosphorus/sulfurized pyrolyzed poly(acrylonitrile) with safety and effective electrolyte, Green Chem. 2020, 22, 4252-4258.
7. Xinpeng Han, Jinpeng Han, Cheng Liu, Jie Sun*, Promise and challenge of phosphorus in science, technology, and application, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018, 28, 1803471.
8. Jie Sun, Yongming Sun; Mauro Pasta; Guangmin Zhou; Yuzhang Li; Wei Liu; Feng Xiong; Yi Cui*, Entrapment of polysulfides by a black-phosphorus-modified separator for lithium–sulfur batteries, Adv. Mater. 2016, 28, 9797–9803.
9. Jie Sun, Hyun-Wook Lee, Mauro Pasta, Hongtao Yuan, Guangyuan Zheng, Yongming Sun, Yuzhang Li, Yi Cui*, A phosphorene–graphene hybrid material as ahigh-capacity anode for sodium-ion batteries, Nature Nanotechnol. 2015, 10, 980-985.
10. Jie Sun, Guangyuan Zheng, Hyun-Wook Lee, Nian Liu, Haotian Wang, Hongbin Yao, Wensheng Yang*, Yi Cui*, Formation of stable phosphorus−carbon bond for enhanced performance in black phosphorus nanoparticle−graphite composite battery anodes, Nano Lett. 2014, 14, 4573-4580.